A lightweight, residue-free formula, Daily Brightening UV Defense Sunscreen SPF 30 combines broad spectrum UV protection with a potent blend of discoloration-correcting and hydrating ingredients for brighter, more even skin. 1% tranexamic acid, 2% niacinamide, and 0.3% phenylethyl resorcinol help reduce existing discoloration while broad spectrum chemical UV filters help protect against future sun damage. This daily sunscreen delivers immediate and all-day hydration with 7% glycerin, while mica instantly brightens all skin tones. Dermatologist-tested for safety.
Benefits of SkinCeuticals Brightening UV Defense SPF30:
- Reduces visible discoloration by 24%
- Brightens skin’s radiance by 24%
- Immediately hydrates skin by 57%
- Broad spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays
Broad spectrum UV filters are a first line of defense against UV-induced signs of aging such as discoloration.
A combination of Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, and Octocrylene, chemical sunscreens work by absorbing burning UVB rays.
Dermatologist-tested for safety.
3% Avobenzone, 5% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 7.2%Octocrylene, Water, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Alcohol Denat, Titanium Dioxide, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Mica, Tranexamic Acid, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Steareth-100, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citral, Myristic Acid, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, D269624/1
- 1% tranexamic acid: This synthetically derived ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
- 2% niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
- 7% glycerin: Draws and retains moisture.
- 3% phenylethyl resorcinol: Protects against discoloration and uneven skin tone caused by UV and visible light exposure.
- Mica and TiO coated mica: Instantly brightens all skin tones.
- Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 5%, octisalate 5%, octocrylene 7.2%: Broad spectrum chemical filters.
Direction of Use
Shake well before use. Apply sunscreen liberally to the face, neck, and chest 15 minutes before sun exposure and before applying makeup. Reapply sunscreen after 40 minutes of swimming, sweating, and immediately after towel drying, and at least every two hours.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging.
To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad-Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, from 10 am – 2 pm
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses